About PageSpeed Insights
PageSpeed Insights checks to see if a page has applied common performance best practices and provides a score, which ranges from 0 to 100 points, and falls into one of the following three categories:
- Good: The page applies most performance best practices and should deliver a good user experience.
- Needs work: The page is missing some common performance optimizations that may result in a slow user experience. Please investigate the recommendations below.
- Poor: The page needs optimization and is likely to deliver a slow user experience. Please prioritize and apply the recommendations below.
PageSpeed Insights measures the performance of a page for mobile and desktop devices. It fetches the URL twice, once with a mobile user-agent, and once with a desktop user-agent.
Please note that PageSpeed Insights is continually improving. Account for new performance best practices and the provided score will change over time. A high score usually relates to a fast user experience but does not guarantee it.
PageSpeed Insights measures how the page can improve its performance on:
- time to above-the-fold load: time elapsing from the moment a user requests a new page and to the moment the browser renders the above-the-fold content.
- time to full page load: Elapsed time from the moment a user requests a new page to the moment the page is fully rendered by the browser.