Are you a competent and highly motivated person with a career passion in System Analysis & Information Security?
f society is looking for a detail-oriented, self-driven, collaborative individual with a passion for integrity to fill the role of ICT Analyst & Risk Junior Officer.
The role holder will participate into projects regarding system analysis, as well as assessments of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the IT Systems by ensuring that appropriate security controls are in place to protect our clients’ assets.
The role holder will also ensure that ICT-related risks are managed in compliance to the existing policies, laws, regulatory guidelines and applicable standards.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Carry out system analysis assessments
- Carry out ICT risk assessments of systems and provide recommendations of appropriate and adequate IT security controls to mitigate and minimize ICT Risks.
- Review and improve the ICT controls in place.
- Review systems at all levels i.e. servers, applications, database, network devices etc., identify risks and make recommendations on closure of the risks
- Evaluate ICT controls for all operating systems, applications, database management system interfaces and networks to ensure consistency in achieving compliance requirements (regulatory, standards and internal policies).
- Promote Information security awareness by providing consultation, guidance and conducting relevant awareness programs to ensure an IS complaint culture.
- Proactively anticipate potential threat and vulnerabilities and provide guidance in coordination with project’s team on effective responses or control measures to be implemented to mitigate them.
- Manage ICT Risks registers.
- Periodically perform vulnerability assessments & penetration tests on systems and technology, identifying vulnerabilities and recommendations on closure of these vulnerabilities.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s or Diploma degree in Information Technology, Information Security or Business related.
- Understanding of ICT risk and systems security control processes
- Understanding of Information systems Architecture and operational practices
- Appreciation of Audit Methodologies.
- Excellent English language competence
- Working experience in a similar role in a highly computerized environment.
- Experience in implementing Information Security Standard such as ISO 27001,
- Data Privacy experience and/or certification
- Knowledge of cybersecurity good practices (Identity and Access Management, Data Protection, Basic Penetration Testing etc.)
- Relevant IT Security professional qualifications or other relevant security certifications.
How to apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, then please forward your motivation letter enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to indicate the job reference number 2022/SYRO.